Chocolate addicts are guaranteed to find this tart to their liking. It goes beautifully with the subtle vanilla flavour of a crème anglaise – delicious.
1,75 dl Dream Rice
1 tbsp apple vinegar
200 g chocolate, chopped
1 cup strong coffee
55 g cocoa powder
300 g flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp sodium bicarbonate
1 tsp salt
100 g brown sugar
100 g + 1 tbsp vegetable margarine
2,5 dl Dream Rice
4 egg yolks
50 g sugar
1 pinch vanilla
1. Combine the vegetable drink with apple vinegar. Set aside for 10 minutes. Melt the chocolate with the coffee and stir in the cocoa. Then add the eggs and vegetable drink. Fold with a spatula and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour with baking powder, sodium bicarbonate and salt. Add the brown sugar and 100 g of margarine and stir well. Pour the melted chocolate over this mixture. Fold with a spatula until the ingredients are combined together forming a smooth mass.
3. Pour the batter into a greased spring form pan (1 of 20 cm diameter or two of 12 cm diameter). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and let cool. Remove the cake(s) from the tin(s) and leave to cool on a rack.
This chocolate cake is delicious with “Crème anglaise” custard.
1. Heat the vegetable drink. Set aside. Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla until the mixture is fluffy.
2. Slowly pour the vegetable drink over the egg yolks. Leave on low heat until thickened, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (forming an eight).
3. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens enough to fully coat the back of the spoon. Very important: the custard should not reach the boiling point to prevent scrambling of the eggs!
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation: 20 minutes
Rest time: 10 min
Cooking time: 25 min