Give your guests a surprise with an Indian dessert made from carrots, cardamom, pistachios and cashews. This exotic temptation is both creamy and crunchy.
Preparation Time55 min.
Waiting Time15 min.
- 5 tbsp vegetable margarine
- 100 g raisins
- 3 piece/s medjool dates
- 300 ml Dream Coconut Rice Drink
- 75 g cane sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 100 g pistachios
- 1 handful cashews
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 350 g grated carrots
- Melt 2 tablespoons margarine in saucepan. Cook carrots with raisins and dates for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then add the vegetable drink and the cane sugar. Stir frequently and cook until the liquid is absorbed. This will take about 30 minutes. Add the remaining margarine, cardamom, turmeric, pistachios and half of the cashews. Stir until the ingredients are well blended. Continue cooking for 10 minutes. Stir regularly so the mixture does not stick to the pan. Roast the remaining cashew nuts in a non-stick skillet.
- Add fresh mint and sir. Decorate with roasted cashew nuts.
Use carrots in a bunch because they are tenderer and have softer taste.