Coconut and Almond Bars
You can really whip up some delicious recipes with coconut and almonds. These delicate and light coconut and almond bars are exquisitely sweet little morsels that go perfectly with gingerbread, vanilla crescents and Linzer cookies.
Preparation Time30 min.
Waiting Time20 min.
For the blackberry and chia jam
- 5 tbsp blackberry jam
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
For the coconut layer
- 200 g desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
For the dough
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 100 g almonds
- 50 g wheat flour
- 3 tbsp brown cane sugar
- 0.25 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 150 ml Dream & Joya Almond Drink Protein
- For the base layer, mix the grated almond, desiccated coconut, cane sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix the Joya Almond Oat Drink and the coconut oil well and then add to the dry ingredients. Stir slowly until the mixture has blended properly.
- Put the dough into a square baking tin lined with baking paper (approx. 24 x 24 cm – or, alternatively, use half of a baking tray) and bake at 180°C (convection) for around 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the chia seeds into the jam and briefly leave to soak in. For the coconut layer, use a powerful blender or food processor to mix the desiccated coconut with the coconut oil or coconut crème and sweeteners until a semi-solid dough forms.
- Take the pre-baked base out of the oven briefly and spread the jam evenly on top. Then top it with the coconut mixture and bake for another 10 minutes until the coconut topping turns golden-brown.
- Remove the coconut and almond bars from the oven and leave to cool. Cut into slices and, if you like, glaze with dark chocolate
Blackcurrant or raspberry jam can also be used instead of blackberry jam.
Thanks to Eat with Andrea for this recipe!